Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Monday 13 August 2012

Christmas Quiltalong - Aug Pt2

You know that everyone has been showing their Festive Mystery Quilt layouts, and how they have put together some smashing quilt tops?  And you know that although I'm a bit behind in getting the blocks sewn together, but that's OK as I have definitely decided on the final layout?

Well I have now taken a step backwards. You see, big sister Helen has been up for the weekend and I showed her the blocks, laying them out on the floor, per decided design.  

Well, before you can say 'Festive Mystery Quilt' she said, 'I wonder what it would look like if that block goes there, and that one goes that way round...hmmm...well, what if you used the border blocks as sashing instead like that...'

Ooooh...! There's a thought...!

So now I am not definitely decided on the final layout.

In other news, as they say, I have re-embroidered the labels for the baby mats, and delivered them safely to their new home at lunchtime.

And just when you thought you'd seen the last of them, big sister Helen has asked if I wouldn't mind putting another one together as her birthday present - she would like to give it as a present for her step-daughter who is expecting in the Autumn. 

Ahhh!

8 comments:

  1. Those pesky big sisters who are so lovable. I have one too. So I'll wait a little longer to see the final layout of FM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's gone back to the South Coast now, Joanna, so I can get on! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I'm liking the borders as sashing. Big sister has a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Donna, she has the knack of looking at things in ways you haven't thought of yourself!

      Delete
  3. Oh really, Big Sisters!! It does look good like that too. So now I'm keen to see what you finally do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've whittled it down to one of three, Sue...

      Delete
  4. That's what you get for having an exceptionally talented and artistic big sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has got a knack to taking a step back to think out these things, hasn't she?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...