Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Pieced Back

You know, I'm not 100% happy with the William Morris style print fabric that I'm going with for the backing of the Festive Mystery quilt.  It's got too many orangy/tan bits in to fit in with the gold/green/red Christmassy theme of the top.

But life is a compromise, and although what I have is not ideal, it doesn't actually jar - and it's what's there at the time.

So.  I've put the squares into strips, ready & pressed, I've just got to join them all together then get sandwiching.

I'm looking forward to a trip out at the weekend in search of variegated quilting thread.  I have a birthday token kindly sent from big sister Helen to spend at the Cotton Patch on the other side of the city burning a hole in my pocket, and maybe I could treat myself to a little something as well as the thread...

I have to think about the thread - I've fallen into the trap of a beautiful but overly dominant thread before, so I might have to shelve the idea of a lovely Christmassy red/green, but I'm sure the right one will jump out at me.

Well, fairly sure - those with long memories will recall that it took three goes to get it right for last year's Scatty Stars quiltalong, but there you go....

2 comments:

  1. That looks really pretty, and I'm sure you'll find the right thread to go with the quilt. Just remember, when in doubt, cream works with pretty much everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice there, Sue, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...