Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Friday 15 February 2013

The Holly and the Ivy....

Not a  lot to report here - I did like the holly leaf motif for quilting of the Festive Mystery after I considered it further the other day, but - my - it's taking AGES to do!

I'm about three quarters done, then the binding (it goes against practicality, but I think I'll use the white which is the background fabric) and a label to do.

The visit that mum & I were scheduled to make to godmother Merris this weekend has been postponed, which is just as well from a taking-a-quilt-as-a-gift point of view; but the delay is because Merris is under the weather, so that's not so good.  She should be up to visitors shortly, I hope, and the quilt will be ready and waiting for when she is.

10 comments:

  1. It's looking good! The quilting is just so perfect for the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lesley - I'm pleased with the holly leaves, but after posting this, I kicked myself that I didn't think to do ivy leaves too!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry your godmother's not well, but it does give you a bit more time to finish the quilt. It is looking great too, she'll love it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's much better now, thank you, Sue - I think it will go down well with her.

      Delete
  3. It's coming along nicely. It's going to be a treasure when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like all finishes, there's that 'Oooh!' moment when you stand back and feel a bit smug!

      Delete
  4. It's coming along nicely and yes it does all take time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flipping felt like it took forever, Sue - I guess the denser, more stylised the quilting the longer it takes.

      Delete
  5. Hopefully your grandmother will be better soon. Sure like that holly leaf quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth - I'm learning all the time! I often look back through your blog posts for quilting inspiration.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...