Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 16 November 2014

Tramlines

It might not be hugely original, but I've opted for tramlines round the border of the Christmas runner.

I had to have a bit of a fight in order to get the lines around all three panels to some approximation of straight and parallel, but it's near enough.

I've given it a trim, and am pleased to find that I have enough of the black fabric with the gold holly leaves to use for the binding.

Slow going, but I am nearly there!

5 comments:

  1. Your tram lines look great on your beautiful runner. Nice to know it is almost a finish and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tramlines are perfect. Sometimes I think we try too hard to find a quilting design that is unique, different, complicated .... and often the simple ones are all that is needed.

    If in doubt, have a look at this Blog dedicated to very old quilts - some terribly simple quilting patterns and almost without exception, they look fabulous :) I often look through pictures of these sorts of quilts for inspiration.

    http://welshquilts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful, and it'll be ready for using for this Christmas. I love the centre block, particularly, and think your quilting is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are back to the sewing again as well. It must have been that sort of year for some of us. I'll definitely pop you back on my side bar so I can see what you're up to(when I get on the big computer as this one won't let me do it). Now I should get my Xmas qal finished too. I hope to post some time over the weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...