When I first thought about quilting Spring Garden Trellis, I knew that I wanted to quilt flowers in the middle, and had a vague thought in my mind that I wanted use a leaf motif to quilt around the borders.
Mind you, once I found out what heavy going the flower motif quilting was, I very nearly changed my mind and decided to use a continuous pattern instead.
I stuck to my original plan though - I find that your first idea is most often the best one - and found a clipart leaf which I elongated and angled; and copied and flipped a second one, matched them up, and resized them.
I traced it onto translucent thick plastic flexible sheeting, cut round it - and voila - a template to use for the border quilting.
I traced round it with the airpen, and got quilting - the first off is here.
I'm rather pleased with it. Er - that's one down, seventeen to go...
A Long Due Post - I'm enjoying making the blocks for the Civil War sampler quilt, Rest and Refreshing, that Piecing the Past is offering. These are my blocks so far. The ...
2 weeks ago