Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Thursday 21 July 2011

A Pleasant Surprise!

Of course, I'd already taken a deep breath and started to quilt the tricky twelve circles between the flower motifs before I read Bilbo's rather excellent suggestion on the last post, "Consider a smaller 'flower' shape which compliments the bigger shape you've already done."

However - surprisingly - I didn't find them too difficult, and hopped from one circle to another and finished all twelve in two sessions earlier this week. I'm not saying that they are perfect circles, but not too shoddy, I think.

Next thing to mull over is how to quilt the border - and I have An Idea...

4 comments:

  1. Clever girl!

    As for the border, have a word with SewAli about the method she uses (tracing quilting design on paper*, fix to fabric, sew through paper following the lines, remove paper)

    * it's special quilting paper which adheres to the fabric and then removes really easily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant. I am so looking forward to hearing about border idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, girls!

    Have got the quilting paper idea firmly in mind for when I'm going for free machine quilting, Bilbo (and I have been practising that too...must post on progress (slow as it is!))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...