I was doing rather well (if a month behind everybody else) and merrily finished all my quarter square triangles - nice and accurate - singing along to a 'Top of the Pops 1987' cd, and then laid them out in runs of three to sew together into rectangles. Brilliant!
But then I started to put them together, and - uh oh - I've had the Points Police round here and no amount of block-wrangling has prevented me from having to wield that unpicker.
I'm finally relatively happy with five strips of three. Relatively.
I am rather tempted to crack on with the half square triangles for this month's blocks which will be a great deal easier, and put the QSTs to one side for making into rectangles aside to do another time.
The problem is, I have a whacking great gin & tonic poured, and I don't want to start that if I'm wielding the cutter for the HSTs...
So I'm having a run round the world to see how the more practiced of us are getting on.
UFO Finish for March - I almost missed a March finish. I had pulled out my Swoon quilt, which was just a quilt top, with the intention of getting it quilted and finished. But it...
1 week ago