Well, trimming those blocks down was the most difficult thing in the universe.
Not only do the points of the nine patches have to end up in the precise middle of each edge of each block, but each block needs to come out at exactly the same size. And they need to be properly square.
It has taken me two days of extreme concentration doing a couple at a time, and even so, there has been the odd eighth of an inch squished and stretched but the blocks have all been bullyed to fit into three strips of six and I am ready to cut and sew sashing.
As I'm making the quilt slightly larger than the pattern, I'm going round to mum's shortly to put them in-situ on the bed in order to double check that the extra inch I propose on the sashing won't look odd.
And here's the good bit, I'm getting dinner cooked for me too. Hurrah!
A Very Easy Quilt - Before you see the easiest quilt ever, these are the Block Head blocks I've made so far. I'm still using a Moda Scrap Bag, but I did get some yardage fo...
2 days ago