I cut, pieced, trimmed and pressed the binding for Scatty Stars this afternoon, but before I could machine it on, I needed to re-do a couple of the quilted corner stars which were rather near the edge of the quilt.
This was really, really fiddly as they are so near the edge.
Of course if I had been less bloody stubborn, I would have redone the stars after the binding was on - that way I would have had a bit more 'edge' to hang on to whilst doing the FMQ. But no. I tried and unpicked and tried again until I had got it right before I could move on to the binding.
So it took way longer than it should have done, but here is the binding machined and pinned at the back, and an extremely perforated corner with a passable quilted star.
Ends to bury, label to sew & attach, binding to hand sew. Deadline: next Saturday for the QAL gallery...
Becoming a Reproduction Fabric Fan - I don't have much to share with you but a few blocks. This is Woven Time, the second block from Piecing the Past Quilts BOW. I've come to like working...
2 weeks ago