Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 4 December 2011

Fiddly FMQ & Binding

I cut, pieced, trimmed and pressed the binding for Scatty Stars this afternoon, but before I could machine it on, I needed to re-do a couple of the quilted corner stars which were rather near the edge of the quilt.

This was really, really fiddly as they are so near the edge.

Of course if I had been less bloody stubborn, I would have redone the stars after the binding was on - that way I would have had a bit more 'edge' to hang on to whilst doing the FMQ. But no. I tried and unpicked and tried again until I had got it right before I could move on to the binding.

So it took way longer than it should have done, but here is the binding machined and pinned at the back, and an extremely perforated corner with a passable quilted star.

Ends to bury, label to sew & attach, binding to hand sew. Deadline: next Saturday for the QAL gallery...

6 comments:

  1. I think you've got more perseverance than I have. Well done to you, it's looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sue on the 'perseverance' front. BTW, it's OK to bind a quilt and then go back and fiddle with the quilting ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice. Thank goodness for seam rippers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you and look at that great miter on that binding corner, congrats on a quilt well made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks lovely...well done...I often play with the quilting stitches after the binding is on. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you , girls! It was bloody mindedness that made me bugger about with the quilting detail before putting the binding on, (when I could made life easier for myself by fiddling around with the last bits afterwards) - as opposed to perseverence, but the result is the same, and I am delighted with it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...