Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Quilting the Borders

I've had a huge dither about how to quilt the grey border on Scatty Stars.

I had a practise with zig zags of various sorts, and tried stars (which didn't work at all). I could have done a stippled border (whee! Loads of fun!) but I didn't think a swirly border would work well with the rest of the quilt either.

Then I had a eureka moment, though, after I saw Joanna's Christmas Wreath quilt, but rather than wavy lines, kept with tram lines, with a star in each corner.






I've trimmed the quilt and it's ready for binding (or will be when I've redone a couple of the corner stars as they are rather close to the edge).

Then burying about ten thousand ends (honestly, I'm not kidding here!) and a label, and I'm done!

6 comments:

  1. VERY nice, you're enjoying yourself, aren't you?? {smiling lots}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely. I think your border quilting decision was great, specially the way you put stars in the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your border very much, and think that the stars in the corner add a little whimsy. I'm looking forward to seeing the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, girls!

    Shameless cribbing of ideas - the border quilting from Joanna, and the stars idea was from Sue, who did some tiny weeny pieced stars in the corners of hers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...