Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Scatty Stars Quilting Decisions

I got a bit further this evening with quilting Scatty Stars - nice straight lines in the ditches between the blocks, although I've not finished yet.

For quilting the railfence blocks, I am still undecided about how many five pointy stars to FMQ in each block. I thought about four in each, but perhaps that will be a bit dense, so perhaps just one. But then I don't know about the half blocks at the edges.

No doubt it will come to me in due course.

And in other news, as they say, I won Sue's Christmas quiltalong competition, and she says that she will be sending me a small PRIZE - hurrah!

3 comments:

  1. Can't answer your quilting question but congrats on winning Sue's competition - it was a fiendish one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a fair bit of consulting quilting web sites (surprisingly unhelpful, actually), and word puzzle solving logic applied in order to crack Sue's puzzle.

    I gave up at one point, but came back to it in an idle moment the next day. I'm really glad that I persevered now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...