Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 20 November 2011

Scatty Stars Experimental FMQ

I loaded up the new dark grey thread this evening, and had a play with some FMQ stars to see how the thread looks against the quilt top.

As predicted, I hit my stride this second session of FMQ, and had to stop myself from romping away doing the whole quilt - I had to remind myself that this was a test to see which thread looks better. The two stars at the top of this block are in dark grey, the bottom two are in the light grey.

Jury out until I see it in daylight tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Um. Er. Excuse me, Ma'am, but that doesn't look remotely like you are experimenting on a TEST BLOCK. That looks terribly like you're trying it out on The Real Quilt. (And I can hear your logic - "ah, but I only have to unpick the colour I don't like and the rest of the quilting isn't wasted").

    All I can say is you've got nerves of steel, and more courage than me!

    What I won't say is which thread I prefer 'cos it's your quilt and the only person it needs to look correct to is YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now know where you went for your holiday last month. You were at a secret Crash Course in Free Motion Quilting somewhere weren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you'd spot that, Bilbo - but I have Nerves of Steel! Call me FMQ Woman! Actually, call me Unpicking Woman - hey ho!

    Thank you Mrs P - in the end it was an easy choice to make by daylight after all.

    No FMQ courses for me last month, Sue, just lying in the sun (*sigh). It's confidence that is the key, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and not being afraid to spend half your evenings philisophically wielding an unpicker, of course...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...