Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

Christmas Quiltalong 2012 - Apr pt2

Well what a festive bunch we are here! Lesley our hostess for the CQAL this month has made cinnamon rolls (and I don't know how many she has eaten, but she's only having a plate of fruit later on - jus' saying); Lynn has got festive snow; there's baking afoot at Sharon's; and loads of Christmas projects on the go! What a great day!

And Lesley is also kind enough to sort out a fabric giveaway - whoop whoop! All you got when I hosted was a recipe and me banging on about our family Christmases a zillion years ago but before everyone hotfoots over to Lesley's, I must show you how I'm getting on with part 3 of our Festive Mystery Quilt.

I am having to concentrate VERY HARD INDEED to get my quarter square triangles right - I'm a bit heavy handed with the iron and tend to pull the squares a little out of shape when pressing the seams, so trimming takes lots of care!

After I've checked how everyone is getting on, I must hurl a bolognase together to simmer for dinner, so I need to run up the road to buy onions - and yes, it is now raining.

The good news is that it is after 6pm here, so more than time to pour a glass of sherry to keep me company in the kitchen! Hurrah!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely pointy points in the middle! Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do some block-wrangling, Bilbo, and thought that the Points Police would be onto me - but practice makes, if not perfect, then a perfectly acceptable standard. :-)

      Delete
  2. Your QSTs look wonderful. I love the colour contrast you have in them, and, as Bilbo said, your points are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those rich golds/greens/reds too, Sue - and if you can't use those in a Christmas quilt, then when? ;-)

      Delete
  3. Your units look like perfection to me! I also have a heavy hand on the iron, but when everything comes together and is quilted, it always seems to work out! And the number of cinnamon rolls I have eaten will remain a mystery...heehee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all comes good in then end then, Lesley? Good!

      Hmm. No good will come of hoarding those Cinnamon rolls - they say they go straight to the hips! ;-) (jealous? Me? Tee hee!)

      Delete
  4. Those blocks look good to me. I really love the greenish (?) fabric. Very pretty. Enjoy your sherry and cooking time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The greens are just up my street, Joanna - rich and gold too. The bolognase was fabulous - with enough to put in the freezer to enjoy later on!

      Delete
  5. Bolognase?!?! I'm having dinner at your place. Okay maybe not, because DH is cooking steak on the grill, but who needs the sherry with points like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll swap you bolognase for grilled steak & salad! Mind you, I'd also swap you our Spring weather at the mo - March was too warm and dry, April now too cold...

      Delete
  6. Now if there is sherry in the kitchen, careful with the rotary! Lovely block units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My safety is assured with BilboWaggins drilling me repeatedly in health and safety with regard to alcohol and cutters, Sharon - I had the merest sip whilst trimming the blocks!

      Although now the cutter is safely tucked away, I do have a rather good Rioja on the go...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...