Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 15 January 2012

Sandwiching, Quilting Thoughts and Opportunistic Cats

I've been considering how to quilt Mum's Quilt - I had a doodle on paper, and chatted with mum and I think I am a bit closer to a decision. But I'll have to have a practise first!



Then this evening, I've spent time sandwiching the quilt. I piecing and pressing the back, then I cleared the kitchen (nothing's simple - I had to clean the damn floor first) and taped the backing to the floor.

Then I cut the big piece of wadding to size, put that on the backing and folded the spare and put to one side. Then the top - and once I'd positioned it to my satisfaction, I wielded the spray baste and stuck it all together, then safety pinned it too, just to be on the safe side.

Then I stood up and went to put the rest of the wadding away...

4 comments:

  1. silly cat...but smart to lay on the nicely padded spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilting ideas and think this quilt is going to look fantastic.

    I can't believe how clear and tidy your worktops are though - do you tidy them cos you know you'll be taking photos, or are you keeping them like that just in case?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever cat, they seem to have a radar for comfy places :o). I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to do on the quilting of this one. I think I'd be inclined to go all-over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's not daft, Mrs P - but he does drive me mad as he thinks the worktops are his, and I spend half my life wiping paw prints off the surfaces!

    I's still basking in having all that wonderful space in the new kitchen, Sue - I can't be doing with a lot of clutter. And it would all need moving every time I wiped the surfaces down (e.g. all the damn time (see above))

    Very nearly ready to go now, Ali - v. difficult to decide how to do this! Does it get easier with experience?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...