I've put the centre sashing strips in Mum's Quilt this evening - and I'm delighted with how the red fabric brings the strips of nine patch blocks out.
I'm also very pleased that when I measured the block strips to cut the sashing, I was only ⅛" inch short of what the measurement should be in theory if you were really accurate with your seam work - i.e. the strip should have been 51 ½" and mine was 51 ⅜".
I have a tendency to over-egg my seam allowances a little so my blocks come out slightly small (these were pretty much ⅛" short over each 9" unfinished block) - something which I must work harder at - so I sewed very scant seems whilst putting the blocks together and this has paid off.
Becoming a Reproduction Fabric Fan - I don't have much to share with you but a few blocks. This is Woven Time, the second block from Piecing the Past Quilts BOW. I've come to like working...
2 weeks ago