Let me show you my first block - well, it's half a block, really, but I was so excited to get the pieces together I've done one half rather than both.
The candle 'flame' is not cut yet - I'll do a flame shape out of the gold and applique it on at the end (hark at me with the new technique!)
I love this, and hope when the other half is added that I'll love it even more!
Right - I'd better get on with taking Granddad George to the allotment site and get him settled in the pumpkin bed to scowl at all the pigeons!
I'll be back later - but to keep you out of mischief whilst I'm gone, I'm going to let you have a few QUIZ QUESTIONS of Christmas around the World!
How many do you know, I wonder...?
- In which country are gifts bought to children on Epiphany Eve by a female Santa Claus named BEFANA ?
- In which language is Christmas referred to as NADOLIG ?
- In which German cathedral is there a shrine to the Three Wise Men ?
- What is GLOGG, traditionally served at Christmas in Sweden ?
- Which country in 1937 became the first to issue special Christmas greeting stamps ?
- BOAS FESTAS is the Christmas greeting in which language ?
- In which country is COUGNOU a sweet bread served for Christmas breakfast ?
- Where would you celebrate Las Posadas, a nine day Christmas celebration ?
- Eaten prior to the Christmas Eve meal in Poland, what is OPLATKI ?
- The Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square in London is an annual gift from the people of Oslo in Norway, when did this custom originate ?