Firstly, thank you for your help and advise on fabrics on my last post, girls - I've taken it all on board and been to our LQS to compare to what I found last night at Hobbycraft (I only looked, and didn't buy last night).
I've ended up with these, and hope that I've done the right thing!
I think that this is why I am scrappy quilter by instinct - if I find I have a block that doesn't work, it's not a big deal - if I find that I've just made an epic howler on yardage for a whole quilt, that's £45 up the swannee, by today's shopping bill.
If this had been my quilt, I would have gone for green with the peach, but should the quilt's new home be a peach/blue room, the green would not be a great move (and vice versa, I guess), so hopefully my choices will go with whatever it has to go with!
The plan is to use the strong peach as the main fabric (it's come out a more orange in the pic than it is in real life), the patterned mid tone for the 'accent', and the cream with beige small markings for the background.
QuiltSue has very kindly offered to work out a revised cutting list for my plan of using 10" not 12" blocks; which will bring the width in a bit; then I'll insert a row of flying geese top & bottom before the border goes on to get the proportions right for this single bed quilt.
So that's the difficult bit done, finding the fabric; now for the exciting bit - don't you just love starting a new quilt!
Ditto - More of the same. This is for the final linkup of Hands 2 Help. Thanks, Sarah. My quilts have gone to the Happy Chemo charity. That's it. Busy wee...
3 days ago