Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Thursday 5 September 2013

Date of September's Christmas QAL

Needle, Thread, HappinessThank you for your votes for the definition of 'the second weekend of September' when we hold this month's Christmas Quiltalong!  With the Saturday being the second Saturday, but the Sunday the third Sunday of the month, it wasn't as straightforward as it might be.

And it's a pretty even split either way, but I do have the casting vote, and I'm going for the 14th/15th September.  I'm really sorry for those who are busy that weekend, we will miss you - and I'll save a party bag for each of you who can't be with us.

So spread the word!  All over to my place on the weekend of 14th/15th!  Games, food & drink, a party popper or two - and Grumpy George to make things go with a swing! Can't wait!

In the mean time, I'm moving forward with Eleanor's Quilt - thank you for the votes of confidence for my piano keys border! I have one for the top and the bottom ready for trimming and attaching now that I've done the tricky dicky bit (since this pic) of trimming the quilt top.  I tell ya, if it's not a good solid rectangle now, it never will be.

So once these piano jobbies are
on, it's just the dark peach border to measure cut and attach, and then we're ready to sandwich!

15 comments:

  1. Well, I'll be doing my QAL this weekend. I'm really sad to miss two in a row, but I should be back with you next month! Have a wonderful time next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to miss you too, Sunny, but look forward to seeing your QAL results!

      Delete
  2. Whew...I'm going away this weekend, so this is perfect for me! I missed last month since we were away on vacation and didn't want to miss another!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reenie - glad you can join in this month!

      Delete
  3. I see your quilt received Purr-fect approval! The top is lovely. See you on the 14th. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Domino cat was 'looking after' the border strips I was trying out...

      Hmmm!

      Delete
  4. That weekend is good for me. I was going to find it tight to fit it in this weekend. So its all good here :) Yay x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That weekend is good for me. I was going to find it tight to fit it in this weekend. So its all good here :) Yay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did someone mention food and drink? I'll be there.

    Quilt's looking good Hazel, it's going to be great and I'm sure Eleanor's going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the clarification. I did wonder whether it was this weekend or next. Now I know for sure. For those not going to be around, perhaps they can pre-post and schedule the post for the Saturday or Sunday of the 14th-15th. Then they will definitely be prepared.
    I think your Eleanor's Quilt is turning out quite nicely. I like the colours you are using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that I didn't clarify earlier, Delores, I know that you asked Joanna about it after last month's QAL. At least we know where we are now!

      Delete
  8. OK, I'll pop in occasionally whilst helping out at the local quilt show. I've just worked from 7.30am till 10pm on our Federal Elections and I'm pooped so I'm glad it's not this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can take your camera to the quilt show, Sue - have you put in any entries of your own?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...