Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Saturday 14 May 2011

Christmas Quiltalong! May, pt1

Here we go again - the monthly Quiltalong! Kind organised by Sue and Cathi, and this month Sue is providing the metaphoric drinks and nibbles whilst we are all at the party.

I'll be getting the instruction sheet for the next two star blocks through soon, and I have my fabric, cutter and machine poised.

Apart from this month's blocks, I also want to press on with the Spring Garden Trellis quilt. I've sat on my hands with this one, I know - but then I'm not sure that I know what I'm doing!

I have a plan of action to get me going again, though - now I've decided that free-quilting is not the way forward with this one, I'll cut a proper block sized practice sandwich and transfer the quilt design from my template and have a dry run with that...

Ha! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing how you quilt the Garden Trellis quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Garden Trellis quilt top is beautiful and taking your time about finishing it sounds right to me. I'm going to work on my stars today, too. I love them so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luck wished! I will be joining in on the Sewalong later today. Not sure what I will be working on. I have a few ideas in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I didn't quite get as far as I wanted with my sewing yesterday, but I appreciate your support for Spring Garden Trellis quilting - making a step forward on this now...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...