Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 15 May 2011

Christmas Quiltalong! May, pt4

Now I am VERY HAPPY INDEED - and I will show you why.

Here is my practise sandwich, with my template which I have I traced round with the air pen. On the Spring Garden Trellis quilt, one flower will fit into each block.



Then I sewed round it.








Spot the difference in the two photos above - no? Precisely!

I've matched the tracing pretty damn well, I reckon. Oh - changing to points on the petal pair intersections was a deliberate decision - trying to go round a semicircle in 4 stitches seemed too fiddly, so now each one will be a small point.

And here's the back view:








And stitching detail.

I suspect that smugness is not an admirable character trait, but right now, I am Mrs Smug of Smug Street, Smugsville.

I'm quitting whilst I'm ahead - to go an pour a glass of something, I think!

8 comments:

  1. You are right to feel smug. This is awesome. The motif will look great in each block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo, that's brilliant, you're entitled to feel smug! Perseverance pays off :o).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's looks so nice, Mrs. Smug. I look forward to seeing this when you are done. I think I'll be using your plan in future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look great, and nice stitches too! After other requests, I made that rice ice bag tutorial so feel free to stop by again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! As a patchworker who still feels uncomfortable not doing straight lines when the moment comes to quilt, I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girls!

    I did have to go an have a lie down in a dark room after I'd done this - but I can't wait to start the real thing now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mrs Smug, you go right ahead and corner the market in Smugness - you deserve it.

    No-one seeing that stitching would believe this is your first attempt - very impressed and sure your "real" quilting is going to look absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Bilbo - I hope that my smugness will bolster me as I put the quilt under the needle this evening!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...