Well, that did not go exactly what you might call 'to plan' -
- Trace flower motif in centre block of quilt using air pen.
- Manoeuvre quilt on machine
- Get poised with walking foot, King Tut thread, correct tension etc etc on machine
- START SEWING everso slowly with severe level of concentration
- After 3 inches of sewing, get up to answer ringing phone
- Have long chat, get sidetracked, do other stuff
- Return much later to complete sewing flower motif - quilt still carefully positioned in machine
- Note lack of tracing due to air pen markings having vanished & 3" line of lonely stitching
Round two will be tomorrow.
With the phone turned off.
Summer, The Quilt - Julie of the The Crafty Quilter created this fun and smart quilt as a qal with tips and advice, and I joined in. I couldn't pass up this design; I love ...
2 weeks ago