Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Saturday 11 June 2011

Christmas Quiltalong! June, pt1

It's the second Saturday of the month, which means it's time to get the crackers out, put on the party hats, cook some mince pies and put the sherry on standby - it's the Christmas Quiltalong! Organised by Cathi and QuiltSue (this month hosted by Sue), we are on the fifth of the six star blocks (and the most complicated to date!) for the Scatty Christmas Stars quilt.

Apart from the two star blocks, I need to do a little hemming job on a light throw for mum's bed (alright, it's a sheet!). This is to protect the duvet cover from Cindy (a Jack Russell terrier for whom the word 'scamp' was coined, without doubt), who's foot wiping skills are sadly lacking when it comes to rocketing from the garden to the vantage point of the bed.

And with my new walking foot ready and waiting, I can't wait to make more progress quilting Spring Garden Trellis.

5 comments:

  1. Morning Hazel, here's to a productive Christmas Quilt Along! I'll be back later to see your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the look Cindy is giving the photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to seeing today's achievements.

    Glad that Cindy has you all well-trained - she's looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You think this month's is complicated...wait until next month! I'm sure you will manage it just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trudi - I think your weekend was really productive - jam making virtually before breakfast indeed. My preserve making involves a lot of time and a hideously sticky kitchen - and I'm not good at getting the set right either. I'm better with a demijohn!

    Cindy is a real character, Joanna - although she gives my mum that right ol' run around quite often!

    Actually it's not a great pic of Cindy, Bilbo, but she won't keep still long enough to have a photo taken, and this was the best of a bad lot! And yes, I rather suspect that she has!

    Uh-oh, Cathi! Actually, if you're hosting next month, it might be you who gets stuck with my dopey questions!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...