Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Monday 6 June 2011

Sitting On My Hands

The broken walking foot has been returned to c9stores, where the verdict is that although the generic foot matches MOST low shank machines, the Singer 522 is not most low shank machines.

The patient Emily advised that she could send me a replacement, which would probably do the same thing as the first one, or refund my money so I can go off and buy a Singer walking foot designed for my machine - leaving the rest of the sentence 'which is what you should have done in the first place' unspoken.

She also refrained from saying 'I told you so', which she was surely thinking, bearing in mind that our email exchange prior to buying the foot was whether it would fit my particular model - I decided (quite wrongly) that it would, thank you.

And the money was refunded that day.

I ordered a Singer walking foot on Friday from Sewingparts instead - I've had confirmation that it was packed and dispatched over the weekend.

Marvellous.

5 comments:

  1. Very frustrating for you, but well done to Emily and c9stores.

    Do you realise how much more quilting you have done than me this year? {giggle}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another case of excellent customer service. That little wlking foot is going to be warmly welcomed, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hopefully you'll be able to get on again in a day or so. Just in time for the next Christmas Quiltalong maybe? I bet you can hardly wait to see what your quilt looks like when it's all quilted?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, Bilbo, but I foresee a winter of quilting at Bag End - a combination of a new sewing room & bad weather limiting gardening opportunities!

    It shouldn't be a pleasant surprise to be treated well as a customer, Joanna, but it is - full marks to C9stores.

    I'm dying to see the finished article, Sue - it's frustrating to only be able to do so (comparatively) little in each session before the concentration gives out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel, that's certainly what I'm expecting too (if only to give the body a break from gardening!!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...