Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 12 June 2011

Seven Down, Thirteen To Go...

The new walking foot seems to fit well onto the machine, and I've completed another flower motif this evening. That's a third of the way through.

I realised earlier that I can't remember what fabric I'd thought to use for the binding.

I have a horrible feeling that I'd earmarked the dark yellow of the inner border - and I'm not too sure that I'll have enough as I'm also using it in the Christmas Scatty Stars quilt...

6 comments:

  1. Don't you love the texture that your quilting is adding to your quilt? It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting is looking great, well done you!

    Don't worry about the backing - it doesn't have to be in one fabric either. Pieced backs look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be pleased with how it's coming. From here, it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, girls!

    I'm finding it difficult to take pics which show the quilting - or that show the colours of the quilt accurately, come to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try lighting it from the side, not above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Try lighting it from the side, not above'

    Good tip - I get better 'texture' by doing this. Mind you, I suspect that I'd also get better results if I didn't insist on using the camera on my phone too, Bilbo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...