Uh-oh! Just when it was going so well!
I started on the 7th motif, and immediately started to have problems with the needle grazing the metal of the walking foot, as if the foot had slipped slightly down and forwards.
I thought that perhaps the screw fixing the foot to the shank had come a little undone so went to tighten it, but it wasn't that - the screw was tight, but the foot was a bit wobbly on the shank.
Closer inspection revealed that on the plastic/rubber part of the foot which the shank of the machine sits into (and is then secured by the screw), a phlange has split, so the foot is not firmly attached to the shank, thus allowing the foot to slip, and the needle to catch.
A Very Easy Quilt - Before you see the easiest quilt ever, these are the Block Head blocks I've made so far. I'm still using a Moda Scrap Bag, but I did get some yardage fo...
2 days ago