Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Saturday 11 February 2012

Christmas Quiltalong 2012 - Feb pt1

For my version of the Festive Mystery quilt that QuiltSue has designed for us for the Christmas Quilalong this year, I'm going to do a scrappy quilt which I have not done before. I guess that the first step in choosing my fabrics is to separate what I have into light, medium and dark, then to look at the colours and see where we go from there.

So I have a pile of each of light, medium and dark ready to sort into colour groups, but now I have to nip to the shops for a couple of ingredients that I will need for a little festive baking later - and I promise you won't want to miss that!

Whatever projects you're working on today, do remember to sign up to Mr Linky on the Christmas Quiltalong tab - I want to see what everyone else gets up to!

8 comments:

  1. My cutting is done and I will pack up in my Christmas tote - now to find that panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like scrappy quilts. The two mystery quilts I've made were from my scraps and I love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got up...but wanted to cheer you one...and wish you a Merry Christmas of course!!
    Have fun!...and I will be sewing right along side you...with a little ocean separating us!! Got to love the NET!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, finally have my morning jobs done, posted to Mr. Linky, and off to my sewing corner. I really wish you were all here with me to help me choose fabrics...that`s the most challenging thing for me to do, and I don`t always like the results. Am I a perfectionist? Giggle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are you going to bake? I can't wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It certainly looks like Christmas here in Colorado this morning! 1-2" of new snow, sadly over ice so no trip to Front Range Modern Quilt Guild for me today. Glad to have a mystery project to distract me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning everyone! It's going to be in late 70's here, but I'll enjoy my Christmas SAL today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I linked, selected/ordered fabrics, checked my supply of PLASTIC BAGS! and am now off to meet my quilting gang. This is going to be a fun quilt along. Happy quilting to all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...