Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 5 February 2012

Progress - and An Announcement!

I'm having a lot more fun now with my quilting now that I have settled on the doodled daisies in the blocks, and now have half of them done.

But the real news this weekend is that Sue has finalised the plans for this year's Christmas Quiltaling. Hurrah!

Blog Button Although the CQAL will still be held on the second Saturday of each month, there are a couple of changes to the format. Sue will be releasing a couple of blocks each month which will make up a Mystery Quilt - and there will be a different hostess each month to keep you on your toes entertained.

The first session is next Saturday, the 11th Feb - and the first hostess? That'll be me!

So I want everyone here bright and early and in the Christmas mood, so look out your seasonal music, paper hats, tinsel, sherry and mince pies - it'll be a hoot!

7 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to participating this year. My quilt gang meets one Saturday a month (not the same Saturday!). We try to work around everyone's schedules. Next Saturday is our day. I can follow you guys early morning and catch up later in the day. This will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum's quilt is looking very smart Hazel.

    Dare I suggest you add SID to ~all~ the seams ? I'm looking at the space between the cream triangles and red sashing and really wanting to see it stitched down and looking crisp like your 9-patch blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the quiltalong!!! Yay!!! Btw...while I thought your daisies looked great, I am glad you redid them since you weren't so fond of them. Now it should be a pleasure to finish it up vs an annoyance!! I just LOVE how this quilt is turning out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your post with the mention of mince pies and such makes me want Christmas right now. Next week will be so much fun. I truly love the quilt you have made for your Mom. I will do a post this week about your hosting festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be such fun, looking forward to it.

    Good to hear you're enjoying your quilting more now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those little flowers just put a smile on my face every time i see them :) Looking forward to the QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just took down my Christmas Tree a week and half ago. I want some Spring first, but I'll be back to peek at what you are doing...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...