Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 24 June 2012

Auditioning Borders pt2

Both the baby mats are now pieced, and thanks to Sue and Elizabeth's helpful comments on my last post, I have decided on my skinny border - yellow - which I cut this evening ready for piecing and attaching to each top.


I'd love to do a stripy border too - although I've got quite a few bits and pieces of these stripy fabrics, I'll need to work out if I have enough...

4 comments:

  1. Two babies two quilts and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late to the party but that doesn't stop me added tuppence worth ...

    Who said all the borders have to be the same? Baby quilts are GREAT places to use up fabric, trust me - drool and dribble doesn't mind if one border is spotty and the next one has stripes :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chip right in, m'dear!

      If I'd have had 'spotty', I would have used it to complement 'stripy'!

      I'm trying to balance both quilts as similar but not the same - because that is just how their recipients will be!

      I'm delighted with the 'butterflies' and 'flowers' fabrics - they tick all the boxes for me, and I do hope you approve of the use they are being put to. ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...