Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 16 June 2013

A Lovely Surprise!

Although I haven't been doing much in the way of sewing this week, I have not been idle!

For a start, I found a cutting plan for the star block which I want to use in the Christmas QAL challenge, and I have printed it out and put it with the fabrics ready for next month's QAL weekend.

And then - most unexpectedly - whilst in London for a girls' weekend away with big sister Helen we came across this quilting shop!  Hurrah!

Now I think that quilting shops of any size are sadly lacking in my part of the world - we have a small shop about 3 miles away, but apart from that, only one other of any size in the whole of the City of Birmingham - and that is on the other side of the City from me.

So you can imagine how pleased I was to just walk down a road and trip over this one!

I did a little light shopping and came away with a 'bargain bundle' - a mix of no less than a yard of coordinating offcuts for £8.  That compares to most fabrics here being in the range of £10-£12 per yard.

Lovely, that'll do me - I wonder what my bargain bundle will become...?

11 comments:

  1. What a great discovery!! And such pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you. Getting fabric and at a bargain makes a good weekend even better. Very pretty bundle, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shop was due to open twenty minutes after we arrived, so there was just time for a coffee in the cafe across the road - brilliant!

      Delete
  3. What will it be? Definitely not the QAL as there is green in that bundle. LOL. Lovely and was the shop good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's more pink in this bundle than I'm used to, Sue - I'll have to wait until it tells me what it wants to be!

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was a lovely shop - I wish I'd been a bit more on the case and asked if I could take a pic or two - too busy browsing!

      Delete
  4. Well one thing's for sure, it will not become the Christmas challenge entry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very 'fresh' selection, Sue - maybe something to go in the kitchen.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely bonus, particularly as you weren't expecting a quilty moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite marvelous, Bilbo - love it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...