Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

Christmas QAL - June - post 5

Good morning everyone! How are we all on this Sunday QAL morning?  It's warm with sunny spells here, and I can tell you that as Lesley says, it is a great day for quilting!

Thank you for all your help on my HST conundrum last night - that's another query ticked off the list.

I'm in two minds today about how to proceed with my blocks -

  • I can cut all the fabric for the candle block, then start to piece it, so I get the block put together (the fun option) 
OR
  • I can sort out the cutting list for the two star blocks, which will involve more head scratching as I try to resize one of the blocks that we used on the Scatty Stars QAL quilt a couple of year's ago (the sensible option).


I'll wrestle with my conscience whilst nipping up the road to the shop - there are Ritz crackers to buy for baking...

10 comments:

  1. Definitely make a start on the piecing. Which is the SENSIBLE option because at the end of the weekend you will achieved something (apart from trying Joanna's recipe!)

    As for FUDGING the size of the star blocks, if they are too small just add a narrow border. If they are too big then add a border to the candle blocks to make everything fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be fair, I would have achieved two cutting lists rather than one cutting list and cut fabric, but I know what you mean. And Choc Saltine Toffee mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

      Delete
  2. I would say start piecing too and I'll work out the resizing for you if you like - it might cost you a piece of that toffee though. I can't make any today cos I forgot to buy the Ritz (other makes are available!) crackers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for the recipe, Sue - it's excellent! The tedious bit is waiting for it all to cool down in order to eat it.

      I'll have to dig out the star instructions - they might be for the right size, you never know! It was the July star - if I need help resizing (if necessary), I'll shout up.

      Delete
  3. I also say start piecing , you have a better idea of what you want . Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it will prove out the design, if nothing else......!

      Delete
  4. It is a good day for quilting, and for enjoying the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree, Joanna - this has been a marvelous exercise, and I'm going to enjoy seeing all the projects coming together over the next few months.

      Delete
  5. I say hit that machine - the humming, motion, and feel of fabric running thru your fingers - what inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be being swayed by the weight of opinion here!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...