Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

Christmas QAL - June - post 6

Well you lot are enough to lead a girl astray, I must say!

As the universal opinion is 'go for the fun cutting and piecing' rather than the more sensible 'get all the complicated cutting list sorted out for the other blocks too', I have gone with the flow.  All these quilters cannot be wrong.

Fortunately Oliver cat arrived after I'd put the rotary cutter safely away, and he was just in time to 'help' me check the fabrics against the cutting list.  That's if you count sitting on the block pattern 'helping'.

Oh - I've been baking too, and the Christmas Saltine Toffee is in the fridge setting - I may have to sneak a peak in a mo ...

9 comments:

  1. I'm in suspense. Let me know how they taste. Love those pesky felines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous taste, Joanna - I need to get them out of sight before they all disappear! Thank you for posting the recipe.

      Delete
  2. Oliver played if safe & still got in on the fun. Good kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - and as soon as I gave up and didn't want to look at the block layout/cutting plan anymore, he moved off!

      Delete
  3. Glad you are having fun and I agree with the others, do some sewing with your first block and see what size it comes out, then go from there. I quite often wing it and try other things out. Sometimes what looks good on paper doesn't always seem quite right in fabric, but just have fun. I'm still procrastinating. Because it is night over here while you are posting and sewing, I've had to catch up on yours posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Sue - it'll be my first job next month.

      I'm a bit unsure as to the cutting plan of the two star blocks as it is, so best to have the candle block there as something to aim at, sizewise!

      Delete
  4. if you count sitting on the block pattern 'helping'

    d'uh, what sort of Cat Mum are you? it's not just 'helping', it is invaluable assistance without which you could not possibly proceed ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...