Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

Christmas QAL - June - post 4

OMG!

Joanna has posted a recipe for Chocolate Saltine Toffee - and it looks FABULOUS!

I love the idea of the salty/toffee/chocolate mix and now I've found the UK equivalent of saltine crackers (Ritz or Tuc, just to save you looking it up, girls), and if I nip into Aldi when I go for a paper in the morning, I'll get some in, and get baking!

I'm off now for the night - it's day two of our QAL weekend tomorrow, and for me, there's cutting to be done!

But I'll start the day with a cup of tea, and I'll come an visit all the blogs of our intrepid QALers.  If you're taking part in the Challenge, or just stitching along with us on another project, can you make sure you're signed in to Mr Linky on Joanna's QAL page?

Otherwise, how am I going to be able to nose around and see what you've all been up to...?

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the recipe yet, but will make sure I look before 11 am, when Sainsburys open for business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be storing these yummies in the fudge room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that you are getting into the swing of this already, Hobbit! If they are half as tasty as Joanna tells us, they will be under lock & key in the fridge!

      Delete
  3. We have Ritz here but they are different from Saltines. Let me know how you like them should you be brave enough to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try Tuc biscuits instead, Joanna - actually, the Aldi store on the corner sells a lot of non-UK foods, and so I might be able to find proper saltines after all.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...