Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Saturday 1 June 2013

Christmas Quiltalong 2013

Now here's a thing - the sun is shining, the blossom is out, and here we are thinking about CHRISTMAS!  Oh yes we are!

For the past couple of years, I've participated in a Christmas Quiltalong, organised by our very own QuiltSue, and it's been fabulous fun!

She has had better things to do this year than mince about in a Santa outfit once a month entertaining all and sundry, but as Joanna at Needle, Thread, Happiness and I are so missing the fun we had, we've decided to put something together for the next six months - and here it is!

Needle, Thread, Happiness

Ta da!

Of course, we can't run the Christmas Quiltalong without Sue's help, so she has come up with a Challenge ready for when Joanna and I we get this thing kicked off next weekend.

Yes, that's right - a whole weekend! We're trying to make it easy for everyone to drop by and join the party, so come along when you can (they'll be a Mr Linky to sign up to) and make sure you blog to tell us all what you're up to - I love to go a-visiting!

Joanna will be hosting the first party next weekend, and she'll be along soon to tell you more about the Challenge - but in the meantime, get those dates in diary, grab the button and tell your friends.

Christmas in June?  You betcha!


9 comments:

  1. You girls are super! I'm ready to get started. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting excited. How many sleeps till next Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. I need to maintain this enthusiasm for a week. I can start playing with fabric so I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll join in too Hazel, as I've pieced the Country Charmer table runner and it sure sounds interesting. I just need to get a handle on the linky thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to you all, excellent to spread over a weekend rather than just one day. Perhaps this might be the year I manage to join in?

    (I must not chuckle out loud about someone who, many years ago, said that she couldn't ever see herself making a quilt .....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a party to me! Hope to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...