Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

Christmas QAL - June - post 7 (final)

Once I persuaded Oli cat to shift his furry backside off the candle block layout that I've drawn up, I put all the pieces in a plastic bag safe for sewing together next month.

I thought I'd make a start on the cutting list for the star blocks too, but I soon ran out of steam.

This was partly because I was struggling as to the how much fabric to allow for the quarter square triangles; partly because I'm going to invert the two fabrics used for the stars so they are slightly different on each block, but mostly because I was scoffing far too much of the Chocolate Saltine Toffees that I made from Joanna's recipe that she posted yesterday.

So that's it from me for this month - nearly bedtime here, and the cats need rounding up for supper.  Hasn't our first Christmas QAL of 2013 been fun?

Using the whole weekend has worked really well for me, as there has been time to plan, and blog, and go round the world to chat to all the others; and this has fitted in with all the 'stuff' that needs doing!

A big thank you to QuiltSue for setting such a fiendish challenge!  I've had such fun visiting everyone, including new friends - and hasn't Joanna been a great hostess? The fabric giveaway is a lovely surprise too!  I've had a fabulous weekend, so thank you Joanna - and to you all - for making it so.

9 comments:

  1. You're right, it is great having the QAL over two days. Even though I've not had a chance to get a needle to fabric, for once I feel I have (sort of) taken part and that's lovely.

    Did Mum have a good birthday (and did I ever ask you if her wrist had healed up properly?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have joined in, despite lack of actual stitching (which is the same as quite a few others on the QAL inc. me) - if you'll indulge me a direct quote:
      'Y'see, quilting is much about thinking and cogitating and you've been doing that a while so in truth, you have already started.'

      I wonder who said that? ;-)

      Delete
    2. Cannot imagine who would have said something so profound :}

      {snortle!!}

      Must put 13/14th July in the diary

      Delete
  2. It has been a fun weekend and nice to have new people join in with us. Thank you for the nice words. We'll all be dropping by your place next month. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a lovely weekend and i was pleased to see some new 'faces' as well. See you next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it's been a great weekend and I'm looking forward to next month already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 13th/14th July, Right? Best get the place tidied up for then!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...