I finished putting the borders on the mats & runner this afternoon – ta da!
I’m finally getting better at ¼” seams – partly out of practise, but more so because I am using a guide as advised. The wodge of post-it notes was a brilliant idea, right up to the point where they unstuck & wandered – I suspect that we use an inferior brand! I popped a length 3mm mounting foam tape on instead, which I had to hand.
What will revolutionise the whole accurate seam business will be using a ¼” quilting foot – although this is proving not straightforward to buy, as all they ones that I’ve found on the internet so far are clip-on feet, which doesn’t suit my ancient machine.
However, the Gang of Four are on the case, & I’ve had a couple of excellent suggestions as to where to go from here, so I’ll get ringing round tomorrow.
Sue’s comments about how to measure & cut borders was very helpful – & although ‘easing to fit’ isn’t the easiest of things for a novice (much undoing of seams!). I’ve got the knack of it now – pin like mad, & stitch the seam on the machine with the slightly longer of the two pieces that you want to match underneath.
Next step – wadding!
Becoming a Reproduction Fabric Fan - I don't have much to share with you but a few blocks. This is Woven Time, the second block from Piecing the Past Quilts BOW. I've come to like working...
2 weeks ago