Having been given a jelly roll and a quilting book for Christmas 2010, there is no excuse not to get on with quiltmaking.

Here's what happened next...



Pages

Sunday 27 February 2011

Knitting Project

Whilst we are on the subject of handicrafts, here's one I prepared earlier.

Much, much, earlier.

I've come to a bit of a halt with it because knitted as in the pattern, the jumper has a crew neck, & I would like it to have a V-neck. I know that I can do this, but I also know that I will have to think about it a lot, & concentrate like mad.

Prevarication is my middle name, so in the meantime (& in the intervening - *ahem - several years) I have knitted the back, one sleeve & about a quarter of the second sleeve.

It would be really good to get this finished whilst (a) it is still cold enough to wear it and (b) whilst long-line jumpers remain even vaguely fashionable.

So in between QAL block sewing, this is what must be finished!

3 comments:

  1. I hate altering patterns (although I sometimes do) because if it goes wrong I know whose fault it is! I did it more often when I was young enough to keep the mental gymnastics going in my head. Now I'd have to write it all down (then I'd forget where I'd put it!)
    Good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I can see of the knitting so far, it's too pretty to not get done and wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be writing it down, Flum!

    Thank you, Joanna - that's a lovely thing to say! I'm spurred on, and knitted another couple of inches last week. Must step up the rate of progress, though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...